Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Crystal oscillator and MOSFET gate drive

Status
Not open for further replies.

junjunss

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi guys,

I'm trying to build a mosfet gate driver circuit at 13.56MHz using crystal oscillator to generate a square wave to wave with 5v peak. Is there any schematic i could look at for this project

Any help will be appreciated.

You'll need some sort of amplifier between the oscillator and the FET gates. Depends on the drive current required. If the FET is small and your layout is good, a bunch of high speed logic gates in parallel can drive FET gate pretty well at 5V. If Ciss is large, you may need a resonant gate drive, in which case you end up with a sine wave gate waveform.

I'm planning to use ZXGD3001E6 as a gate driver. However, I do not understand how to use it as a amplifier to drive the gate.

by generating a square wave using logic gate I suppose that the circuit u mean by using the circuit below?

3448046700_1411704996.jpg

Propagation delay of ZXGD3001E6 is very short (~ 1nsec), output following very fast the input.
I think for a 13.56MHz application you can just place ZXGD3001E6 in front of the oscillator gate, and it will work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back