Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

crosstalk reduction using buffer insertion..

Status
Not open for further replies.

sp3

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,

I recently read a article on crosstalk which had a statement "crosstalk can be reduced by inserting buffers".. I was not able find how this is achieved..Can anyone please elaborate the same in terms of formulae or in terms of technical details(R,C,L)..Any papers on the same are welcome..

Thanks,
ap3

Here is a paper on the matter. I read it over and looked at their data, and I'm not convinced of the technique. Look at tables 3 & 4 and tell me whether or not the buffered interconnects really have any lower cross-talk. It doesn't seem like it.

The concept is that crosstalk is caused by coupling capacitance of two wire running parallel for long distances. If the parallel run is broken by inserting buffer(s), which reduces coupling capacitance, then the crosstalk is reduced.

Hi,

iwpia50s is correct. All of you know that the victim is the weaker net then your aggressor. So if you insert the buffer in the victim net your victim net will become little stronger, then you know.....

Prithivi.

Yeah! I agree with what Mr. iwpia50s has stated about the buffer insertion helping to reduce the signal integrity violations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back