Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Create path option in cadence layout

Status
Not open for further replies.

niladri.chowdhury

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello everyone,

Whenever I am trying to create path in layout (CMOS08E), I should have a popup window to change the metal layer. But I am not getting any popup window. What can I possibly do. Other people in my lab are not having the same problem. I have tried every way known to me. Can anyone help.

Thanks

press P ,and then press F3, you can change the metal layer

Instead of changing the layer in pop-up menu you just make the layer as entry layer in LSW then use Path command, it will draw that particular layer only

Its is simpler if you have bindkeys set for your metal layers....you can select path option and then press the required bind key twice...this works for metal rectangles also...:-D

Another quick way to change metal is to use t for tapping layers from other shapes in the layout

i think what you are lookin for is bindkeys.
for example when i press button 1 it draws metal1
button 2 for metal 2
button 3 metal top
shift+1 is for contact with metal1
shift+2 is for via1 with metal 2 etc...
you can set lots of bindkeys like this

niladri,

It is not clear why you are so much worried about the path option. If you want to
change the metal layer then you can simply do so by selecting the path later & pressing 'q' which will open the property toolbox & you can change the layer from there. Moreover don't you have the LSW window for layer selection?

Hello everyone,

Whenever I am trying to create path in layout (CMOS08E), I should have a popup window to change the metal layer. But I am not getting any popup window. What can I possibly do. Other people in my lab are not having the same problem. I have tried every way known to me. Can anyone help.

Thanks

For create path press "p" then F3 for popup window . if n't open , you have to check your bind-keys whether other function might be assigned for those keys or not ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back