Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

CPW excitation with waveport

Status
Not open for further replies.

ashinitj

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Dear all,
m simulating a planar quasi yagi uda antenna on si substrate. The structure is CPW fed, but m confused which type of port should i assign viz. waveport or lumped port? whether integration lines are to be drawn for waveport also or these are drawn in case of lumped port only...pls clarify

Thanks
Ashish

you can define either lumped ports or waveports for your situation.

if you are wanting to check the radiation characterisitics then you will face an error because of the presence of waveport inside a radiation box.

yes you will have to assign integration line for both cases.

Regards
Elchiquito

Last edited:

hey thanks elchiquito for your helpful reply..but i have used waveport to excite that antenna and no such error i've seen with waveport in radiation box.As i am using ungrounded CPW so there is some air also below the silicon substrate. but i've not used integration lines. i used a wide port touching both the ground planes nd strip simultaneously....bt m not achieving the desired results.pls clarify
you can define either lumped ports or waveports for your situation.

if you are wanting to check the radiation characterisitics then you will face an error because of the presence of waveport inside a radiation box.

yes you will have to assign integration line for both cases.

Regards
Elchiquito

---------- Post added at 19:49 ---------- Previous post was at 19:46 ----------

Earlier i've gone thru this post dear Amihomo...thanks anyways...but m still confused whether to use integration lines with waveport or not?? i've tried all this watevr ur post is saying...
Thanks
Ashish

integration lines determine the direction of electric field of the dominant mode. they do not change the results.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back