Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

counter in opposite direction

Status
Not open for further replies.

MRFGUY

Full Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I hvae design very simple 2 bit up counter by using Xilinx schematic. I am using Xilinx 7.1i and test bench o/p show correctly(0-1-2-3-0). But when I download to XC9572 cpld it show on 7-seg display as down counter (0-3-2-1). I attached my sch file for your ref.

What's wrong with my sch or any other setting for cpld.

Thanks

I have not looked at your file, but check for this bug:
**broken link removed**

After sp3 installed, the logic err is just disappear.

I have 1 more question concern with cpld XP9572. Do we really need to connect all 3 pins (10, 23, 31) to ground. During testing I just used 1 pin and one of the output is just disappear. (like counter run 1-2-3-12-3). But test bench Wform is correct.

After I connect all 3 pins to ground and the counter run correctly, shows all nos.

What is the good way most of you guys do. (only 1 leg to gnd and 1 leg to vcc)

you'd better use VERILOG HDL to design your counter,

that is simple and not prone to mistake.

best regards

MRFGUY said:
I hvae design very simple 2 bit up counter by using Xilinx schematic. I am using Xilinx 7.1i and test bench o/p show correctly(0-1-2-3-0). But when I download to XC9572 cpld it show on 7-seg display as down counter (0-3-2-1). I attached my sch file for your ref.

What's wrong with my sch or any other setting for cpld.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.