Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

could anyone point out the difference between MS and MEng?

Status
Not open for further replies.

W_Heisenberg

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi, guys

I am looking forward to hearing some feedback about MS and MEng

I do not know which is better for me. In my case, I want to have a interesting job after graduation. Some says MEng is good for people to get job, MS more specified into research. I am not sure about this.

I asked some of my friends, they are working in RIM. They told me MS is the major group in the company.

Anyone can comment here?

Really have no clue which one I gonna choose.

The Master of Science (MS) usually involves research and a thesis, although some places do offer the non-thesis MS. The Master of Engineering (MEng) replaces the research and thesis with a project which is geared toward industry skills.They are both masters but the ms takes one year while the M eng takes two years. It is on your interest which one you choose.

Do you know the ratio MS/MEng in North America?

Is there an obvious bias on MEng in industry?

The Master of Science (MS) usually involves research and a thesis, although some places do offer the non-thesis MS. The Master of Engineering (MEng) replaces the research and thesis with a project which is geared toward industry skills.They are both masters but the ms takes one year while the M eng takes two years. It is on your interest which one you choose.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back