Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Converting library files from Cadence to Synopsys

Status
Not open for further replies.

pillarOfFire

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,

I download the NCSU's Cadence Design Kit. Which includes some tsmc and ami libraries, and I am trying to convert that into .db files.

I looked through many posts on this forum, but I think none of them applies to me. I was trying to find some files like ami06m.lib, however when I searched the entire folder, and I can only find one .lib file which is called cds.lib, which includes the path to each library folder and almost nothing else.

When i try to use DC_shell's read_lib command on the cds.lib. It didn't like it at all.

So i am wondering if there is a way to extract a .db file from that package.

Help appreciated

Thanks

You need a library compiler to generate the synopsys .db file.. You can use DC to dump out .db file only if you are OK to give up cell functionality, but I guess you can't use that .db for synthesis.

I have a library compiler, but I don't know how to use it in this case. Any suggestion will be appreciated.

Thanks

I haven't used Cadence real long time and have no idea how .lib from CDNS looks like, but I assume they are the same as .lib that Synopsys uses. What do you mean by 'does not like it' when you did read_lib on DC ? Does it report syntax errors or something. If yes, I guess you are in trouble since the format doesn't match, but if no, then you can use library compiler.
Just consult with Library Compiler manual.. Shouldn't be difficult.

Hi, the LC library compiler can transfer the .lib file to .db file.

But the .lib file is synopsys format, since u'v got a LC, i think u have to find a lib file first.

I can give you a sample of Synopsys file, if you need.

The file, cds.lib, actually it is a log file of a tool called LIB_manager in icfb, even though its extend is .lib too.

BTW, the "cds" is stand for Cadence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back