Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Convert DVI signal to RGB LED Display using FPGA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

fazan83

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
dvi fpga

For DVI the graphic data is in form of LVDS signal. can you guys help explain more detail on how the color and brightness being control via the LVDS signal?

For example if we want to create an RGB display board how we can convert the LVDS signal from the graphic card to the RGB LED image using the microcontroller?

Does anybody know any information on this?

Please share some of your knowledge here thanks. Even some basic idea also I'll appreciate.

Thanks in advance.

regards.

rgb led display

there are some industrials convertors avalible. But when you converting from DVI to RGB (I assume to run CRT monitor or similar) you might need to do the scaling, due to the fact HD resolution is higher thea SD monitors.

Check Silicon logic ADI TI web sites for the chip sets

Reactions: NeoPIC

NeoPIC

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
dvi signal

Iouri said:
there are some industrials convertors avalible. But when you converting from DVI to RGB (I assume to run CRT monitor or similar) you might need to do the scaling, due to the fact HD resolution is higher thea SD monitors.

Check Silicon logic ADI TI web sites for the chip sets

Not CRT monitor my friend. I want to convert it to RGB Led Display.
which consist of collumm being control by a counter and row being control by FPGA.

I want to make it as the same as the moving message display concept, but moving message display concept that ussually built is on for mono color LED.

Also not sure how the digital video image can be encode to drive the collums and rows.

But from my understanding DVI has its own Red Color signal + and -, the same goes for Green and Blue.

I just not sure how to encode this and also what is the format of the data that being received from DVI.

I will try to check the Silicon logic ADI TI web sites for the chip sets and see it will help or not.

Thanks.

dvi to rgb chip

have a look this link **broken link removed**
it's nice block explanation.

Re: dvi to rgb chip

Did any of you have success in practice with maxim app note 4208, i did not get the the fpga code from Mr. Walter Chen , if someone have some information about it, please let help us.

Re: dvi to rgb chip

Did any of you have success in practice with maxim app note 4208, i did not get the the fpga code from Mr. Walter Chen , if someone have some information about it, please let help us.

i am asking so many tims this fpga code but they not shared this code

Status
Not open for further replies.