Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] convert 5V signal to mV range

Status
Not open for further replies.

fm101

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hello,
I have 0V to 5V signal output from arduino and I want to convert this signal to 0V to (10mV to 500mV) range. How can I accomplish this?

Hi,

in my eyes your posts contradict.

I wanted to convert that 5V square wave to 20mV square wave.
But now you don´t want square wave anymore.

This also contradicts your requirement for high slew rate, because your filter reduces slew rate to a minimum.

Regarding distortion and output impedance a (feedbacked) OPAMP surely is better than a single BJT.

i used 3rd order RC filter
This filter does what is supposed to do. It is a low pass filter. Thus - like the name says - it let´s low frequencies pass. DC is the lowest expectable frequency (if one want to call "0Hz" as frequency at all).
So the filter lets the DC coming from the Arduino pass. The arduino output DC is about: VCC * duty_cycle

how can i shift the output starting from 0V(not 2V, the signal in green)?
The problem is: your requirements change from post to post. So I don´t know what your goal is.
Read our posts. At least half of them ask for clear informations.
I don´t know whether you want a square wave or not, a low pass filter, a buffer .... or something else.

As long as I don´t know what you want I can not recommend anything.
Just guessing ... but it´s now post#22 ... and I don´t want to spend more time in guessing.

Klaus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back