Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

controllability & observability

Status
Not open for further replies.

fathollahi.mehdi

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
controllability & observability Tool

Hi guys,

Is there any tools that compute controllability & observability of circuit?

for example read verilog netlist and compute controllability and observability all of nets.

thanks

The quantity which can give and idea about circuit's testability is Coverage.. viz Test and Fault coverage. This you can get from any ATPG or DFT synthesis tools

Excuse me for bad english!
how I can measure controllability from a verilog file?
I need a file like this format:
Net controllability observability
1 5 6
2 3 12

please direct me! please introduce a free tool,

Dude fathollahi.mehdi,

What does 5 and 3 mean for controllability and what does 6 and 12 mean for observability?

if you ever come across such tool, please let me know as well.

THanks

Kind Regards,

Hi, U have to go through, to how to measure controllability and observability. As this measurement is totally depend on the Gate (AND,OR,NOT,NAND etc).
There is some calculation for combinational as well as sequential for measuring controllability and observability.

Than is given in the book named :
VLSI test principles and Architectures for DFT
(Chapter 2)

please see this **broken link removed**
slide 34
in this slide with scoap alg calculate controllability and observability for combinational example.
I need a tool that can calculate this numbers.
I know tetramax can calculate this, but it is commerical tool. and I need a free tool.

thanks

Even I also not found any tool that can show us the controllability and observability.
Pl Whenever you come to know,inform me also...

Re: controllability & observability Tool

Controllability and Obserability meaning is DFT.DESIGN FOR TEST(a program to test the design) Which is added in design in synthesis.
And after Fabrication Chips are checked by DFT in ATE(AUTOMATIC TEST EQUIPMENT) to reduce the time of testing and shipping of chips.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back