Not open for further replies.

brunofunchas

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I have a project where I want to control, speed and direction, of a 100W 36V brushed DC motor. It’s a wiper motor.

I will use as inputs: STOP, RUN, REVERSE, security sensor and voltage speed reference by a potentiometer to a PIC16F or PIC18F.

My doubt is which driver IC to use for the motor? Since the ones that I have seen do not receive a speed reference, but only ON/OFF signals.

The only solution is using ULN2003 IC and PWM signal from PIC?

I would like to send the speed signal, from PIC, by I2C, SPI or 0-5V, to that IC. That IC would "deal" with the power part of the project and regulate the speed of the motor.

Thanks,
Bruno

Allegro Microsystems has a good collection of motor drivers and controllers, **broken link removed**. I think **broken link removed** might meet your needs. It won't do everything exactly how you want (i.e., the PIC, or perhaps an additional op-amp, may have to participate in controlling the speed), but it'll take care of most of the unpleasant stuff (I've burned out lots of H-bridges when I was younger).

- - - Updated - - -

Allegro Microsystems has a good collection of motor drivers and controllers, **broken link removed**. I think **broken link removed** might meet your needs. It won't do everything exactly how you want (i.e., the PIC, or perhaps an additional op-amp, may have to participate in controlling the speed), but it'll take care of most of the unpleasant stuff (I've burned out lots of H-bridges when I was younger).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…