Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Considerations for High speed PCB design (single sided )

Status
Not open for further replies.

celestine

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello there everyone,
I'm trying to to fabricate a FM transmitter (audio guru's MOD4) on a PCB however i only have experience with low speed PCB design fabrication. Is there anywhere i can get reference to tips and hints for good high speed PCB design? (cricuit will be operation around 88MHz-108MHz) or any hints from any experienced pros here?(Note: i'm a total newbie in RF and am trying to pickup the subject haha) please do advice and thank you very much in advance!:)

88M~108M is very low freq, you can do it as lumped lement requirement. High speed PCB normally ref to the datarate up to 1Gb/s.

"High speed" refers to designs where transmission line effects become important, i.e. when the layout is no longer small compared to the wavelength. In this case, you want to think in terms of impedance matched lines etc.

For your FM transmitter, the lines on PCB will be very short compared to the wavelength, so that this is not an issue. If there are parasitic layout effects, you can use "low frequency" calculations to estimate line inductance, parasitic capacitance of wide lines to ground etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back