Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Connecting 16 building in a network

Status
Not open for further replies.

ahmed osama

Full Member level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Connecting 16 building

Dear all

i need ur ideas and tips , what the best wired topology & tech. can be used to connect 16 building in one network , i am talks here about the infrastructure cables levels
thanks all

bye

Re: Connecting 16 building

ahmed osama said:
Dear all

i need ur ideas and tips , what the best wired topology & tech. can be used to connect 16 building in one network , i am talks here about the infrastructure cables levels
thanks all

bye

it is a good idea.
based on my personal experience star topology is better but depends on infrasturcute that buildings offer to you.
regards

Connecting 16 building

In my opinion, bus topology would give a better, fast and efficient delivery. As we know, using fiber optic as your back bone, the distance of the 16 building would not be a problem. Also, depending on the internal structuring of the building, you can introduce star topology inside the buildings.

I think star topology is ok...u could use switches and divide ur network into core, distributors and end user switches...and redundacy could also be created...

In my opinion, star topology would give a better, fast and efficient delivery.because if any building connection will be disconnected the other building not affected.

hello,
i would like to ask that u want to connect 16 building using cables??u mean these buildings are close to each other?coz in my opinion u should use a wirless link between them which should be placed on the top of each one.
i used to have a large network as an ISP across the city, and all of them are connected with wireless link if the buildings are distant and from that link u can attach a switch which connects all the users inside the building to it.

and while using wireless link, u can either use point to point link,or point to multipoint like depending on the location of the building.
so in other words regardless of bus or star topology, u should forget about linking the buildings with cables....
regards....

Status
Not open for further replies.