Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Computer driver problem or voltage problem ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sfchew7

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Computer driver problem or voltage problem ?
I have programmed the right code to my pic16f877a, I can use putc/printf function but I failed to use getch function.
I couldn't receive any data from pc to my PIC16f877a when using my own computer but when I used my friend's computer, it can transmit the data from his PC to my PIC16f877a.
I have using max 232 IC, rs232 db9 femal pin, and also usb to rs232 converter.
The circuits and the coding are the same.
So, what will be the problems?
thanks

try shorting Rx and Tx pin of your computers DB9 port and sending some data? this will check if the fault is in your computers DB9 port.

try shorting Rx and Tx pin of your computers DB9 port and sending some data? this will check if the fault is in your computers DB9 port.
mean I connect my db9 pin and usb to serial port converter to my laptop only? and using hyper terminal or real term to do the loop back test?
is it I don't need to connect my db9 pins to PIC ,if I short pin2 n pin3? thanks

I will say if you are sending the number as characters from serial port like char c= 1; and putchar(c); then try to send the ASCII value of character so send like putchar(c+48);
and simillarly for alphabatical characters too...I mean ASCII value....may be your problem will get solved.....I was saying do this modification in code that you are burning in the PIC

Status
Not open for further replies.