Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Composite video - Wireless help

Status
Not open for further replies.

alpha86

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
wireless composite video

Hie I am quite new to electronics and I'm doing a circuit to transmit composite video by wireless.

So far, I have found that this device can do it all :

AWM 630 TX

https://www.dpcav.com/xcart/product.php?productid=16177

and its counterpart receiver AWM 634 RX

Question:
1. I would like to know how to interface the AWM630 with the antenna. Can i use a surface mount antenna like this?

https://www.johansontechnology.com/images/stories/ip/rf-antennas/Antenna_2450AD46A5400.pdf

If possible, how should the connection be like?

2. So am i correct to say that I could tapped the video from a composite and connect to the AWM630 and the video will be transmitted through the SMD antenna?

3. Is there other alternative? or cheaper ones? Can I send the video using VHF or UHF freq and get the video directly from TV? Is there such a small antenna (Surface mount) for these freq?

Sorry for the info, the Tx / Rx device I need will be very near each other (just need a short range) but the device is small (need small antenna)!

Hope you could help me clarify all the doubts. Thanks :)

composite video wireless

You are right on all points.... The Antenna is compatible with your chip - The frequency design matches and so does their impedance you need to take care of the interconnect impedance. The website you mentioned has a list of recommended antennae

The video signals have a double side band band width of 11MHz. So you should be able to find another Tx IC that would modulate your composite video signal to ~900MHz but, that band is not free... you need a license to use it. ISM band - 2.4GHz is a free section of the spectrum that is used for bluetooth, WiFi, ZigBee etc. And at such high frequencies, you will need small antennas and error tolerance for impedance mismatches is low. - Sorry, I cannot tell you a specific IC off my mind. You can find some if you search, I hope.

Hi

Im doing my graduation project about composite video transmitting over wi-fi. Can you advice me a module for IEEE 802.11b or g? Thanks in advance

Which country do you live in?

See **broken link removed** article. It mentions of a module that is useful.

Status
Not open for further replies.