Compact Microstrip Antenna - IEEE Paper

Status
Not open for further replies.
What results differ? Radiation pattern or return loss?

I can not open your hfss file since I'm still using v9.

Hi drasko,
Both the return loss and the gain don't match!! I don't know how to down-convert HFSSv10 to HFSSv9.. if there is way to do it that is.
Its a pretty simple geometry actually. If you can build it in HFSSv9 and see if it works, it would be of a great help.
Thanks,
-Prakash

Hi Prakash,

I've seen your design. There is nothing wrong with that I guess however, you can use smaller substrate.

What I understood from the paper, the authors didn't simulate the structure but got the results by experiment. You can also build such a structure to see whether you get the same results.

It is written in the paper "Impedance matching is achieved by changing the length of arm 1 and frequency tuning by adjusting the length of arm 2". You can also change these two to find expected behaviour.

regards,
shameemkabir

hkprakash7

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Hi Shameem,
I did try sweeping over Substrate Thickness and the arm lengths and widths... Nothing seems to work. I wonder how they could get it to work when its not even simulating correctly. I mean its not even close to the simulated results.
Any further thoughts on improving the simulation setup???
Thanks,
-Prakash

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…