Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Compact Microstrip Antenna - IEEE Paper

Status
Not open for further replies.
What results differ? Radiation pattern or return loss?

I can not open your hfss file since I'm still using v9.

Hi drasko,
Both the return loss and the gain don't match!! I don't know how to down-convert HFSSv10 to HFSSv9.. if there is way to do it that is.
Its a pretty simple geometry actually. If you can build it in HFSSv9 and see if it works, it would be of a great help.
Thanks,
-Prakash

Hi Prakash,

I've seen your design. There is nothing wrong with that I guess however, you can use smaller substrate.

What I understood from the paper, the authors didn't simulate the structure but got the results by experiment. You can also build such a structure to see whether you get the same results.

It is written in the paper "Impedance matching is achieved by changing the length of arm 1 and frequency tuning by adjusting the length of arm 2". You can also change these two to find expected behaviour.

regards,
shameemkabir

hkprakash7

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Hi Shameem,
I did try sweeping over Substrate Thickness and the arm lengths and widths... Nothing seems to work. I wonder how they could get it to work when its not even simulating correctly. I mean its not even close to the simulated results.
Any further thoughts on improving the simulation setup???
Thanks,
-Prakash

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back