Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Communication Problem with TMC2130

Status
Not open for further replies.

fethiyeli

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello Everybody,

I am using TMC2130 stepper motor driver to use with my 3D printer. I'm trying to communicate over SPI but it does not work SOMETIMES. :bang: MOSI,MISO and Clock lines are working correctly but CS pin is hanging around 1V. MCU CS pin is connected via 100ohm to driver. MCU side working correctly. I checked the soldering and there is no problem. Does anyone have any suggestion ? My MCU is STM32F103 btw. Thanks for your helps !

CS (CSN) is an input in all modes of operation so to be driving a voltage out and 'fighting' the CPU there is either a short on your wiring or something is causing a latch-up situation. Does the MCU and TMC2130 share the same supply? Is it possible the MCU is powered up before the TMC2130 and it's input protection is latching?

Brian.

Status
Not open for further replies.