Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Color sensor using phototransistor... Help required

Status
Not open for further replies.

solz7

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,
am doin a small project color sensor using PIC 16F877a. I used LDR but its not sensing the different colors that are reflected from 3 leds RED BLUE GREEN. So I changed to phototransistor. Now i need a circuit for the same. Because all my works are in vain. I am givin the circuit that i used with LDR.

img220.imageshack.us/img220/7573/colorsensorusingldr.jpg

HI... U CAN USE A IC FOR COLOR SENSING i.e Agilent HDJD-S722-QR999 Color Sensor that sense color and give u a particular voltage than use adc to convert analog to digital and then connect to microcontroller

if ic is costly then use three led for three different color for example u want to detect red color simply use red led at place of ldr
as red led pass more current on red light fall on it........use same theory for all

tnx 4 ur interest sunny....
the thing is i hav to use a phototransistor and PIC for compulsory...
plz help on that...

......may be phototransistor gives output at all frequency rather than single one so it may not be use for color sensing.......

wot bout photodiode or LDR....????

This may help you !

Attachments

• 3.gif
    3.gif
    20.6 KB · Views: 144

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back