Not open for further replies.

APOK87

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello All!

So I'm currently a student, and had a proposition posed to me by my professor. He stated that is I could get a retro game (Pong, Asteroids, Tetris or scorched earth) to run on my PIC18F452 I would get a massive amount of extra credit(equivalent to a exam grade). Does anyone know where I could find some source code for pong, (or any retro game you can think of) in c (or ASM), that would work with the MplabX (version 2.35) xC 8 compiler? Also on a side note, I am brand new to the PIC18 family so outputting custom characters to the LCD(Hitachi HD44780U (LCD-II)) is kind of over my head. Any info or tutorials that may help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance
TC

Last edited:

Proteus simulator comes with a chess game. It uses GLCD. They contain C and Basic source codes.

C:\ProgramData\Labcenter Electronics\Proteus 8 Professional\SAMPLES\VSM for PICMICRO\VSM for PIC18

I remember pablin did pong & tetris in a TV with a pic16f...

**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**

I myself made some games with a GLCD with a PIC16F88 in Assembler and later ported them to Avr-gcc for a Atmega32... please note my implementation could be very different because I didn't check pablin's code when I did mine...

I'm sorry all the comments and some documentation is in Spanish, it's 10 years old code, but I hope it could be useful to you...

Attachments

• PIC_GLCD_6100.zip
    261.7 KB · Views: 67
  • _GLCD.zip
    718.9 KB · Views: 77

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…