Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] cmos tsmc 0.18um technology

Status
Not open for further replies.

praveersaxena

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
sir,
i want to use tsmc 0.18um process , but when i go to mosis.com there are atleast 50 tsmc0.18um files available. i dont know which one i can choose. also when i chooose suppose one of them, it shows warnings PS = 0 AND PD =0.

Kindly help me soon.
its urgent

Praveer saxena

i want to use tsmc 0.18um process , but when i go to mosis.com there are atleast 50 tsmc0.18um files available. i dont know which one i can choose.
I'd suggest to use the newest.

when i chooose suppose one of them, it shows warnings PS = 0 AND PD =0.
Your simulator is responsible for calculating these values. For most simulators this is adjustable.

Note: PS, PD always = 0 for waffle MOSFETs, s. this posting, and -- if you like -- the link shown therein.

If you want to work with TSMC tech I'm assuming you want a PDK, which is not available for free. I think what you are looking at are the wafer test results which contain only spice models for native NMOS and PMOS devices.

I'd suggest to use the newest.

Your simulator is responsible for calculating these values. For most simulators this is adjustable.

Note: PS, PD always = 0 for waffle MOSFETs, s. this posting, and -- if you like -- the link shown therein.

sir thanks for reply.
let me tell you in detail i m working on cmos adiabatic logic and i want to use tsmc 180nm technology.
can plz guide me tht do i hve to copy the model parametrs from mosis.com . and suppose i have to use w=720n and l=180n then what value should be of
As, Ad, Ps, Pd. i will be very thankful if you can provide me the 180nm parameters for pmos and nmos .
thanks
praveer saxena

i hve to copy the model parametrs from mosis.com .
If you take those from the MOSIS wafer test results, these are just (near-)native transistor models, as oermens told you (above).

... suppose i have to use w=720n and l=180n then what value should be of As, Ad, Ps, Pd.
If your simulator doesn't calculate them, use As=Ad=(w*l) and Ps=Pd=(w+2l) as a first approximation.

i will be very thankful if you can provide me the 180nm parameters for pmos and nmos .
There are a lot of model types (different for different simulators) and levels. TSMC's (like any other foundry's) models are confidential and so may not be published. Either you can get them from their PDK, or you have to work with some internet-published 180nm models, e.g. from PTM.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back