Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

CMOS operational amplifier needed !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

angjohn

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Do anyone know how to design an CMOS operational amplifier with following Spec:
1)power supply +/- 5V
2)Open Loop Gain (Aol) :≥80dB
3)Phase margin
4)Unity gain Frequency :≥20MHz

include spice model in output file!!!

or anyone of u know where to get an example on designing CMOS operational amplifier.

thanks!!!!

It is a quite common CMOS amplifier you mentioned. You can find a design procedure in Ken Martin's 'Analog Integrated Circuit Design' book. A two stage amplifier should fulfil your purpose.

Willy

FOR ±5v power supply, i think the process must be selected carefully.

for other spec. , the type amplifier is so simple.

first, you can use the cascode differential input stage , and the common source as the second stage.

the miller compensation is enough.

You can read the book:cmos analog circuit design.
input stage : folded-cascode differential
what is your load's require?

a normal spec
maybe anyone analog circuit design book can help you

Introduction to CMOS OP-AMPs and Comparators
This book is enough for your references.

You can reed the book writen by Allen.

A half year ago I downloaded a good tutorial form a Tawain university about how to design a CMOS opamp using Cadence. Sorry, I cann't remember the link. Search with google. If you don't find it send me a post and i will mail you the pdf.

h**p://microel_group.unile.it/PDF/MICRO_DISPENSE/Cap_VI.pdf

A half year ago I downloaded a good tutorial form a Tawain university about how to design a CMOS opamp using Cadence. Sorry, I cann't remember the link. Search with google. If you don't find it send me a post and i will mail you the pdf.
To:eda4you
Could you be so kind to send me that pdf file you mentioned to khalifa2020 at yahoo dot com? Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back