Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

CMOS Opamp Slew Rate measurement

Status
Not open for further replies.

rishabh_31ec

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi, I have Designed a 4-stage CMOS Opamp with +/- 0.85 Volt rail to rail supply and obtained the Bandwidth as 4.2 MHz. In order to measure the SLEW-RATE, should I have to apply a step voltage of peak values as ( V+ = 0.85 & V- = -0.85 v ).

I have a confusion regarding width of Step.

I think frequency of Step should be less than Unity Gain Bandwith. Am I right or I can choose any frequency of Step.

Hi,

One hint is to look into datashhets of opamps and to see how the manufacturerst test this.

Voltage level: I expect different slew rate depending on input levels. With large voltage and high dV/dt the input stage may be overdriven causing varying slew rate.

Hope this helps
Klaus

rishab, the slew rate is an indication of the opamp´s ability to follow a positive (or negative) step. Do you expect any influence of the time the input stays at the final level ?
Hence, you can use any repetition rate of the step function (squarewave) - as long as the width of the step function is sufficient to allow the output to reach the final value.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back