Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Cisco Catalyst 2960 Si switch problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

peter_england

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
pls help me--- when switch get power on only sys led is glowing steady nothing happen anything than that what is the problem with switch pls help regarding this..:sad:

What color is the SYST led, green or amber?

Do you currently have any ports connected to any devices?

BigDog

sys led is steady green none of other led is blink no matter cables are connected or not also i cant get in any setup mode by long pressing mode button .. pls help.

Have you attempted to revert the switch to the factory settings?

Your description of the situation, seems to indicate the switch never enters its POST mode.

Normally all LEDs are lit and turned off in a particular sequence during POST while the SYSTEM LED flashes green, if error occurs during POST the SYSTEM LED changes to amber.

If the switch is out of warranty, you may want to open the case and check for any loss connections, etc.

Otherwise, such failures are normally fatal.

Has the switch functioned properly in the past? If so, was the unit exposed to a brown out, power surge or outage?

Or is this recently purchased used unit?

BigDog

Yes you write recently the switch is suffered from power surge and it's doing like that.

call vendor then and provide the S/N. Let me some explain about Cisco serial number

Example Serial number: FOC1132W0DC

FOC = the factory code
11 = YEAR of manufacturer (15 = 2011, 14 = 2010, 13 = 2009, 12 = 2008, 11 = 2007, etc.)
32 = calendar week of the year the appliance was manufacturer
Last 4 character signifies the batch number. This is what everyone should be looking at.

Status
Not open for further replies.