Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Circuit with PV, protection of the parts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

kielbas99

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello. At first I want to mention that english is not my native language so they may be some spelling or grammar errors. So I have got one simply circuit and another with parts that protect the transistors and the circuit from getting damaged. Can you just check if everything is alright with it? Should I add parallel to the diode on the right, above the PV, an RC to protect it? Thanks for your help!

Bez tytułu.pngBez tytułu1.png

there is needed some rail caps...eg for the input of the boost converter after the PV device, and also at the output of the boost converter.
I don't see a need for rc across D3, unless you want to for emi. -should be ok as long as layout is tight.

Can you explain me whats a "rail cap"?

a rail cap, I mean ...you know that all smps require an input capacitance and an output capacitance, well that's what it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.