Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Prevent the charging pole from short circuit for charging dock

hungnvk54

Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Dear all my friend.

Recently, we are designing a battery charger dock for mobile device (like robot or handset device).

- For the mobile device, we are using the LTC4357 IC for protect reverse polarity and short circuit between positive pole and negative pole.

- We also need to protect charger dock pole from short circuit. But I still don't find any suitable solution.

Can you give me a suggestion about a IC or suitable device from Analog device.

Thanks for your help.

Hi,

please share more information regarding the charger, as you are telling us nothing. E.g. does the charger already use a battery charger IC? These ICs usually provide a detection of a short-cell. Less complex (cheaper) charger ICs are using a thermal fuse (thermal shut down) for protection. Which connector are you planing to use?

BR

LaTeX Commands Quick-Menu: