Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

circuit of frequency sweeping

Status
Not open for further replies.

suribright

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi, please tell me how to design a circuit of frequency sweeping from 1MHz to 30MHz? I need actual circuit not theory. Thanks

If u are not looking for a discreet implementation ,what about using a DDS IC from analog devices..AD9850 like that..u can control the frequency using a micro controller..

There is some contradiction in your request. You ask us to tell you: "how to......", but you also state: "no theory". How can we tell you without theory?

Some other issues to consider: tuning/sweep speed, phase noise, linearity, harmonic and spurious content, etc.

yes we must know theory, WimRFP. what I mean is no coding program like matlab. I need a continuous sine wave sweeping from 1MHz to 30MHz. I think it is linear frequency modulated signal. Do you have any circuit to acknowledge me please?

- - - Updated - - -

@themaccabee: I dont know which part of AD5930 can do. Please tell me more. Thanks

- - - Updated - - -

I have searched internet and see this link may do my job http://www.circuitstoday.com/sweep-frequency-generator . Is there any one have this design? Thanks

In older times, HF sweep generators with large Fmax/Fmin were made based on a high frequency VCO (Voltage Controlled Oscillator, for example 170..200 MHz) and a second fixed frequency oscillator (for example 150 MHz). Both outputs are fed into a mixer (functionally a multiplier) and the difference frequency (here 0..30 MHz) is selected via a low pass filter.

Using such approach enables you to convert a sawtooth voltage (the control voltage for the VCO) into a continuous frequency sweep.

Why such an approach? You practically can't make a single sinusoidal RF oscillator with a relative tuning range of 30MHz/1 MHz = 30. By using the mixer approach, the tuning range is reduced.

Depending on the required linearity, linearizing circuits are required making the design more complex.

Use a FPGA, build a NCO, control the frequency, use a DAC and a filter to make it a continuous wave. Building a pure analog circuit with 1-30MHz is pretty complicated using discrete components alone. You might want to look for some FM generator circuits or a circuit that can generate chirp signals if you insist on analog alone.

In integrated circuit design, please use a current starved ring oscillator. I've used it with tuning ranges in GHz.

Analog and Digital can be the band selector , But only Digital memory use to store datum form practical circuit design by own or collection CD,DVD in market.

Hi WimRFP, ninju, phongphanp and all, Is there any one have a ready circuit in use or circuit I can change a bit? Thanks

@phongphanp . Cant find what I need in that website.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back