Not open for further replies.

invermet

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
i wish to construct an inverter for wind turbines up to 50 kW

Can anyone recommend how to choose IGBT modules with the broadest DC input range ?

and what parameters to use when setting the cut-in point

I would like the cut-in level to be at least down to 140 VDC , and may be as high as 780 VDC

Output will be set at 50 Hz , 415 VAC 3 phase ( Australia )

Solar inverters tend to have a narrow input range , while wind powered have broader fluctuations of minimum and max voltage .

--------------

There will not always be low voltage AC supply on site , so do i need to have a backup battery to run the logic and driver circuits operated by a turbine blade movement sensor to prevent the battery being run flat when there is no wind , or is there a better way to configure the circuit so no back up battery is required ?

i would also have low voltage requirements to operate condition monitoring and data uploads . ( 5 VDC and 12 VDC ) but i can run a standalone power supply for that .

-------------

any advice gentlemen ?

( and ladies if present )

By the close loop control in digital mode you can control the DC i/p of 140V to 740V.

To choos IGBT consider the max i/p voltage and current.

Re: choosing IGBT modules in regard to minimum operating vol

Homeshpwe said:
By the close loop control in digital mode you can control the DC i/p of 140V to 740V.

To choos IGBT consider the max i/p voltage and current.

thankyou

I have been given some Fuji 6MB1300U 6 pack modules ( 1200 V - 300 A )

Can anyone suggest ideal drivers for this function ?

Concept look very good but $ 500 each for driver and base board

**broken link removed**

Fuji used to recommend the EXB 851 or VLA 517-01R driver but now point me at the Concept one above

next question , logic controller and compiler

anyone got product preferences for efficiency , ease of setup and reliability , plus of course minimum cost of components and labour ?

thankyou

[/url]

Status
Not open for further replies.