Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Choosing a low cost FPGA eval. board

Status
Not open for further replies.

bercam

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
fpga eval boards

I'm trying to buy a FPGA evaluation board in order to dsp implementation. I've found two posibilities, they are ALTERA Cyclone and XILINX SpartanIII both cost 100$ about.

**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**

Which is more powerful?
Which have then best IDE?

Thanks in advance.

do-spar3-dk

Check to see if the Cyclone parts have dedicated multipliers - I think they were only introduced in the Cyclone II parts.

The Spartan III on the xilinx board has 12 multipliers, which are obviously useful for DSP applications.

You can download the development environments for both these boards - why not them out to see which you prefer?

low cost fpga board

bercam said:
I'm trying to buy a FPGA evaluation board in order to dsp implementation. I've found two posibilities, they are @ltera Cyclone and XILINX SpartanIII both cost 100$ about.

h**p://www.futureelectronics.com/promos/cyclone/
h**p://www.xilinx.com/xlnx/xebiz/board_detail.jsp?sGlobalNavPick=&sSecondaryNavPick=&category=-1210689&iLanguageID=1&key=DO-SPAR3-DK

Which is more powerful?
Which have then best IDE?

Thanks in advance.

Search in xess.com or memec.com

fpga eval board

The xilinx Spartan III board is in fact made by Digilent, but is subsidised by Xilinx.

From the Digilent website their $89 board is loaded with a 50K gate device, as opposed to the 200k device on the $99 'Xilinx' board.

Evaluation versions of ISE 6.2i and modelsim 5.7g (xilinx edition) are also supplied with the $99 kit.

Status
Not open for further replies.