Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

CHip for zero cross detector

Status
Not open for further replies.

suribright

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi I need to convert sine signal (>10Mhz ) to DC and would like to use CMOS opamp. Anyone know a CHIP (high speed conversion zero cross detector), please help! Chip work in range 0-5V only. I am getting difficult to find a chip. Thanks

Sounds like you are looking for an active rectifier cct , not a zero crossing detector?
Am I right?

No I need to zero crossing detector with reference is 0 - 1V. Input is sinewave but output is square waves. If active rectifier can do that it will be fine too. Please give me your cct. Tks

I don't have a cct off hand , was just a little confused by your post. " convert sine signal (>10Mhz ) to DC " , sounds like a rectifier to me :0)

hi,
i think this one solves your requirement.

**broken link removed**

please run a simulation.

- - - Updated - - -

hi,
i think this one solves your requirement.

http://www.engineering.uiowa.edu/sites/default/files/ees/files/NI/pdfs/01/27/DS012711.pdf

please run a simulation.

Hi myfaithnka, I sound like the one. I will try to simulate first and get back to you soon. @neddie: I think rectifier is ok too. If you have that cct please let me know.

Hi myfaithnka. I have tried to run with single 5V and it did not work. Do you have any recommend? Tks

- - - Updated - - -

zerocross_V5.jpg here is the circuit

Hi, anyone know the answer please. I have tried to simulate circuit above but did not work. @ myfaithnka: your chip is not work at single 5V.

If you Google "high speed comparator" you will get a number of hits. I suggest you read this to understand some of the problems that can occur at such high frequencies.

Status
Not open for further replies.