Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Check your inductor Knowledge!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

grittinjames

Advanced Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
I having two inductor and a AC source.
I am connecting this two inductor in series and applying AC accross this series conection.
The magic in middle I am getting double Voltage with respect to both ends

How This is Happening?

To request some semantical precision:

Which voltage differential is double of what?
Speaking of two inductors implies, that they are actually two and don't have a considerable coupling?

grittinjames said:
Hi,
I having two inductor and a AC source.
I am connecting this two inductor in series and applying AC accross this series conection.
The magic in middle I am getting double Voltage with respect to both ends
How This is Happening?

What does it mean "I am getting ....."???
Did you measure it ? Or did you simulate ? Or has somebody told you about this ?
In any case, it is not "magic" - it´s simply wrong.

it'll be resonenet frequency,derice equation for series inductors put values of voltage n frequency,u'll get the result

this is an isolation transformer. and i am getting a voltage od 460 at the point I marked

First you said you have 2 inductors, then you showed us a schematic of what looks like either a coupled inductor or a simple transoformer.

If you could describe what you have, someone could help you.

hint: Whats the core? what's the leakage inductace? What's your interwinding capacitance?

So my original doubts regarding the unclear question came true. You can't seriously call this two inductors. You get 460V when the winding ratio is 2:1, assuming an ideal transformer. If the left winding hasn't a rating of 460V, the transformer get's saturated. A more efficient auto transformer solution would use two 1:1 windings (with 230 V rating) and supply the input voltage to the midpoint of the series connected windings (with equal windings sense instead inverted as you did).

Same will happened when I tried with two coupled inductor of same turns.
I tried in spice also.
This is happeing due to some king of mutul indudtion.But I dont know how

You should post the complete parameters to get an explanation.

Why not trying with old paper, pen and Kirkhoff's voltage law, playing with phasors for a while?
After all is not so complex, you have a single current.
Just use L1, L2 and M, you'll get a simple linear equation. Solve it, and you're done.
Mazz

FvM said:
You should post the complete parameters to get an explanation.
What parameters you looking sir?
Just tell me how we can get double voltage from an isolation transformer when I connected in the way I shown in figur?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back