Not open for further replies.

sundus abrar

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello all!

i need to establish a GPRS connection using sim300 gsm module.i have tested the commands on hyperterminal and it works fine.now the thing is that i need to code all of this in my atmega16,and i need to make regular checks if the previous instruction was properly executed or not. i.e. i have to verify whether data received back is an OK or an ERROR.

can anyone please help me out how i can code this in my MC?i know how to send commands to the network via the modem, but how can i check what has been returned back by the network?

any kind of help would be highly appreciated.

can u tell me how to make a simple test to use GPRS on sim300? i mean can u give me the sequence of commands u entered to use GPRS on hyperterminal? i think my device's GPRS is not working properly, so i need help.

firstly check if your modem is working correctly or not, simply dial the number registered with your sim card.if you hear a bell at your end, then it means your modem is fine.
for gprs, you first need to get it enabled on your sim card.after that follow these simple steps:

at+cmgf=1
at+cgatt=1
at+cgdcont=1, "IP","your apn"
at+cstt="your apn"
at+ciicr
at+cifsr
at+cipstart="TCP","ip address of website","80"
at+cipsend

>type the data and ctrl+Z

---------- Post added at 19:44 ---------- Previous post was at 19:42 ----------

somebody please answer my question too!i really really need a solution to this problem

ok thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…