Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Check sim300 receive ok with MC

Status
Not open for further replies.

sundus abrar

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello all!

i need to establish a GPRS connection using sim300 gsm module.i have tested the commands on hyperterminal and it works fine.now the thing is that i need to code all of this in my atmega16,and i need to make regular checks if the previous instruction was properly executed or not. i.e. i have to verify whether data received back is an OK or an ERROR.

can anyone please help me out how i can code this in my MC?i know how to send commands to the network via the modem, but how can i check what has been returned back by the network?

any kind of help would be highly appreciated.

can u tell me how to make a simple test to use GPRS on sim300? i mean can u give me the sequence of commands u entered to use GPRS on hyperterminal? i think my device's GPRS is not working properly, so i need help.

firstly check if your modem is working correctly or not, simply dial the number registered with your sim card.if you hear a bell at your end, then it means your modem is fine.
for gprs, you first need to get it enabled on your sim card.after that follow these simple steps:

at+cmgf=1
at+cgatt=1
at+cgdcont=1, "IP","your apn"
at+cstt="your apn"
at+ciicr
at+cifsr
at+cipstart="TCP","ip address of website","80"
at+cipsend

>type the data and ctrl+Z

---------- Post added at 19:44 ---------- Previous post was at 19:42 ----------

somebody please answer my question too!i really really need a solution to this problem :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back