Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Centos 4.3 and Fedora Core 3 NTFS partition support ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SphinX

Advanced Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
ntfs centos 4.3

Salam,

I use Centos 4.3 at my home and Fedora Core 3 at my work.
When i try to mount a NTFS partition , both of them say your kernel doesn't support NTFS !

Please do you know where can i find a kernel update or driver for NTFS partitiion mounting on these systems ?

Thanks

My Best Regards,
SPHiNX

ntfs centos 4.4

Wa alaikum-us Salam,

Well u can use the package ntgfs-3g for NTFS support in both these systems, you can find the rpm for Fedora Core 3. The website of this tool is at www.ntfs-3g.org

Hope this helps,

Regards,
Fahad

SphinX

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
ntfs fedora 4.3

No my friend you need to download the appropriate ntfs kernel modules for your distribution and your kernel version, it can be found in the extra repository for fedora. I think CentOS includes this module in the main distribution.
:p

The NTFS rpms can only support to read the files on NTFS but not write.

The ntfs kernel modules are needed for read support. I personally don't recommended writing to ntfs partitions outside of your window$ NT version, but if you need to write check out the ntfs progs project on sf.net it dows support writing to ntfs partitions. ;)

SphinX

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
I have other problem in centOS .. when I install Laker on centos .. license daemon (lmgrd) can not run on centOS 4.4 .. I don't know what happen , but I already remove "firewall"

andy2000a said:
I have other problem in centOS .. when I install Laker on centos .. license daemon (lmgrd) can not run on centOS 4.4 .. I don't know what happen , but I already remove "firewall"

Better start a new topic for your problem as this one was for ntfs support, and undfortenetly I've never tryed centos I can't help, but maybe someone else can ?

you can go to http://www.kernel.org to find the newest kernel version. then build it.
the 2.6x version has added support for NTFS. And rebuilding kernel is more easy than before.

Status
Not open for further replies.