Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

CDL problem in cadence, help me plz

Status
Not open for further replies.

starrinesss

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
cadence cdl files

The prolem is finding a way to export CDL netlist contains parameters defined by myself of specified model.

Take resistor for example. By deafult, a resistor in a CDL netlist have a form below:

R1 VDD VSS 1K RP

It means a resistor connect to VDD and VSS has a 1K ohms value and model name is RP.

Now I need 2 additional parameters W and L. The form in the netlist would change to

R1 VDD VSS 1K RP W=10u L=1u

So what should I do if I want the additional parameters be exported automatically by Virtuoso CDL Out (In icfb, use File --> Export --> CDL).

I tried to modify its CDF parameter, in auCDL, but still do not work.Can anyone kindly help me?

I still found it relates with parameter name, for example, if the parameter name is L, it could be exported, if the name is Length, it couldn't be exported. Why?

Device name prefix such as R has special meaning in cdl netlist. The properties of this have been defined already. You should change the prefix of the name.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back