Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Ccp2 module used for both pwm and capture

Status
Not open for further replies.

biswajitdas49

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi everybody
i want to know that,does CCP2 module used for capture and PWM simultaneously?
Actually I want to make a device where externally driven pulse set on RB0 pin;when CCP module detect the rising edge of the RB0 pin pulse it generate a PWM pulse of very small period and then it will wait until the next external pin rising edge of the pulse not occur.i use PIC16F886.please provide me assembly code for this project.

thanks in advance!!!!!!!!

Do you need to use the CCP module for input pulse detection?

You can detect a rising edge using the external interrupt, can't you? So, you can free up the CCP2 only for PWM.

Or you can use software PWM for PWM and free up CCP2 for capture operation.

What are you doing with CCP1? If that's free, you can use that for one of the two operations.

Hope this helps.
Tahmid.

Do you need to use the CCP module for input pulse detection?

You can detect a rising edge using the external interrupt, can't you? So, you can free up the CCP2 only for PWM.

Or you can use software PWM for PWM and free up CCP2 for capture operation.

What are you doing with CCP1? If that's free, you can use that for one of the two operations.

Hope this helps.
Tahmid.

thanks for reply,Tahmid!!!
can u tell it in more details

which part?

You can find some examples of external interrupt here (although they use 16f877, principle is similar): https://www.edaboard.com/threads/198994/

i assume you can use the ccp module for pwm.

Hope this helps.
Tahmid.

i just want to use ccp1 for capture and when ccp1 interrupt is generate the ccp2 module activate and generate pwm

Status
Not open for further replies.