Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Cavity Resonator Accelerometer

Status
Not open for further replies.

rafalizou

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Could anybody help me with the typical values of the ------ change in the resonant frequency of the cavity (u can take 10 Ghz for instance) to the corresponding shift in the proof mass connected to a flexure membrane.
Any relation would be useful too.

Or if we could use the simple spring mass model to calculate the shift in the membrane and the corresponding tension developed in it

Or if we could use the simple spring mass model to calculate the shift in the membrane and the corresponding tension developed in it
Sounds plausible at first sight. Application of "the simple spring mass model" however requires to know the respective spring constant. Do you? Basically, it's more a mechanical engineering than electronics problem.

Well Sir, I think we could use the Young's modulus of the membrane and determine the stress for a particular strain (assuming the strain to be only normal in nature).
But actually I don't know how it is really done in realtime applications.

And it would be quite helpful if you can refer any previous datasheets on typical resonator accelerometers.
Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back