Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Can't use 27MHz clock with Altera DE2 Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matze

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi, I'm currently working with the Altera DE2 board. To get started with it and the Quartus Software I've implemented a simple circuit using an open source IP-Core (PacoBlaze). The board provides two clock inputs, a 27MHz one and a 50 MHz one. For the first time implementing the design (timing constraints: 50MHz) I used the 50MHz clock and it worked perfectly. Then I tried to use the 27MHz clock and the design didnt work at all. The pushbuttons I used as an entry didnt have any effects on the outputs.

So now I'm wondering why it works with one clock but not with the other. I couldnt find that there is anything special with the 27MHz clock in the manual. Has anybody an idea what the reason for this could be?

Thanks in advance!

Re: Altera DE2 Board

did u change the pin assignment, check the pin mapping report

Re: Altera DE2 Board

Hi Matze,... i am a beginner in verilog/fpga programming. I wish to know how did you configured in the program which oscillator to use in the altera De2 board.

Status
Not open for further replies.