Not open for further replies.

ibtesam90

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello everyone!
I am new to Synopsys tools and i am having trouble using the 32nm libraries provided by Synopsys.

I am trying to set the link libraries through following command:
set link_library {"../../../../../general_libraries/Libraries/SAED32_EDK/lib/stdcell_rvt/saed32rvt_ss0p95v125c.db" "../../../../../general_libraries/Libraries/SAED32_EDK/lib/stdcell_rvt/saed32rvt_ff1p16v125c.db" "../../../../../general_libraries/Libraries/SAED32_EDK/lib/stdcell_rvt/saed32rvt_ff1p16v25c" ".../../../../../general_libraries/Libraries/SAED32_EDK/lib/stdcell_rvt/saed32rvt_ss0p95v25c.db" "../../../../../general_libraries/Libraries/SAED32_EDK/lib/stdcell_rvt/saed32rvt_tt1p05v125c.db" "../../../../../general_libraries/Libraries/SAED32_EDK/lib/stdcell_rvt/saed32rvt_tt1p05v25c.db"}

and then

set target_library {"../../../../../general_libraries/Libraries/SAED32_EDK/lib/stdcell_rvt/saed32rvt_tt1p05v125c.db"}

QUESTION: design compiler is giving warning Warning: Can't read link_library file '../../../../../general_libraries/Libraries/SAED32_EDK/lib/stdcell_rvt/saed32rvt_ss0p95v125c.db'. (UID-3)

Am I using the right libraries or need to include some other libraries too. there are too many libraries in 32nm EDK
Can anyone solve this issue for me?

Last edited:

step 1) stop using all these libraries and add them one by one
step 2) stop using relative paths and use absolute paths

I have attached the screenshot after the said changes. I hope I got what you wanted to say.

Still getting the same error.

Pardon my ignorance, I am new to this thing.

Thanks for the suggestion. It worked but even after reading the libraries Compiler is unable to link the design.
I am using a benchmark circuit s298 form ISCAS89 benchmark circuit. The following errors are being shown:

Information: Building the design 'NAND3X1'. (HDL-193)
Warning: Cannot find the design 'NAND3X1' in the library 'WORK'. (LBR-1)
Warning: Unable to resolve reference 'NAND3X1' in 's298'. (LINK-5)

How to resolve this issue as there are more than 100 .db files in db_ccs?

I think now there is an issue with your script other than finding the files. It looks like each std cell is an individual design, which is wrong. But then again, I don't use DC that often. Maybe someone else knows what is going on.

Try such comand:

set link_library "* lib1.db lib2.db ..."

The character '*' in the list is important.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…