Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Cannot Use Layout of Spiral Inductor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Azadbakht

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all
i need to design spiral inductor in cadence for LC-VCO.
please,assume i want do this work for first time!
so i need to help for this design,can anyone help me?

Last edited:

Can't you use an existing spiral inductor as template?

Otherwise check the spiralINDPackage description in the Assura Physical Verification Reference Guide (pp. 840..852).

Hi
yes,i can use the existing model of spiral inductor,but i cant find the reference model!
how i can find and use the existing model?
i searched very much in journals but i cant find the an journal with complete model and value of component.

The reference model should be in your simulator's model file(s) (.scs for SPECTRE).

If you create your own spiral inductor schematic & layout (using all necessary layers of the layout from the template), the extractor should be able to extract the inductor correctly.

Then if you create your own schematic model (and symbol, if necessary) - using the simulator's template - the LVS comparison also should succeed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back