Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Can this transistor work ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

zahrein

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Transistor question ?

at the base junction. i have a capacitor connected to the
base(transistor) and a resistor is connected to the capacitor and it is grounded?

can this circuit work?

Re: Transistor question ?

what do u want to do? is it like a cap and a resistor is connected in series with the base terminal and then connected to the ground. is there some biasing too? like a voltage divider bias?

a schematic would be helpful

Transistor question ?

zahrein, do *you* think it would work? Why, or why not?
Please show us that you have thought about your homework questions, and then maybe we will help you!

No, you need the DC bias. I think you are confusing the property of voltage and it's rate of change with DC biasing. There is no way around the fact that a signal goes through a capacitor and the bias on the other side is a DC.

i agree with u kevin. but if u have an FET that maybe there would be some "self bias" and maybe the circuit could do something. but the person asking the question was probably referring to BJTs so i think that isnt a possibility. i wonder if such a set up will be of some use in the FET domain :?

If you ground the gate of a FET you get current. With a capacitor there is an open circuit at DC. I think there exists a small amount of gate current to make the FET operate. I don't think there is enough bias with a gate capacitor in the way. An open circuit will cause the gate voltage to equal the source voltage anyway.

Transistor question ?

if you have DC bias it can work

a resistor and capacitor..is he doing a RC connection b4 the base?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back