Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Can Quartus convert a design to HDL?

Status
Not open for further replies.

msemse

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Quartus

Hi,

I have a question about quartus.Is this a schematic tool.When you make a design by using the schematic tool can quartus convert it to HDL.
Is its full software version is free.

Best Regards,
mse mse

qu@rtus

Hello msemse,

There is a schematic entry in Quartus but instead of converting the schematic to HDL (VHDL/VERILOG) it generates a netlist (lower abstraction layer than HDL) -> As far as I know :)

Altera offers a free version of Quartus (Web Edition) and a non free version. The versions differ in the supported devices. More information is available from the web site: https://www.altera.com/products/software/sfw-index.jsp

Bye,
cube007

qu@rtus

Quartus has schmatic entry and get the netlist of .sch extention

Added after 1 minutes:

sorry you get .bdf or .gdf i am not sure but .sch is in xilinx

qu@rtus

Hi, my friends,
Quartus II can translate the sch to HDL,
by using the Create/Update in the file menu,
both full and free version support this.

qu@rtus

Hi all ! ! !
I have some question about Qu@rtus too.
Where can I download SOFTWAVE and full LICENSE of older version of quartus??? because I have some obsolete chip of altera, and my DATAIO( a programer) does not support new chip.
Thank very much ! ! !

qu@rtus

Hello hung81,

That’s the wrong topic, isn’t it? If you need an older version of Quartus I would ask Altera directly.

Bye,
cube007

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back