Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Can I swap layers in routed PCB board using Allegro?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Navya

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi ,

I have a small problem in allegro.
I m doing a 4 layer board.In which layer stack up is in the following order
layer1- signal
layer2-GND
layer3-Signal
layer4-signal

After finishing the routing its said that layer 3 should be the GND.
Is there any way in allegro to swap layer3 and layer 2?
ie i want the GND plane to be in the layer3.( I have finished routing, ie y asking for help. If there is no way to swap , routing must be done agian) plz help asap.

a doubt in allegro

hi,
goto edit then select change , now goto find and make sure that you have selected all the items you want to transfer from one layer to another and in the options tab select the layer in which you want to transfer the items.

now select or click on the routes or all the items you want to transfer, you will have the items transferred to another layer.

hope this will help you out.

regards,
Ricky

Navya

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Re: a doubt in allegro

Thanks for the help.It worked

I have one more problem with allegro...
If i delete cline segment in the middle ; the route is not attaching at the both the ends.Earlier when i used to draw above a route the former route used to get replaced with the latest. Now its not happening. what may be wrong with any settings?

a doubt in allegro

hi,
check for replace etch option in the option tab you have to tick it to replace earlier route.

ricky

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back