Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Can I Solder a usb-c female to a dc output?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Juan12

Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am trying to make a second monitor out of my old laptop screen. I have the control board already and it works, but I want to make it more compact. The screen takes a 12V power supply to power it, but I want to make it powered by plugging it into the USB port on the computer. My idea was to get a usb A male to usb C male cable on the computer and plug that into a Usb C female to AC adapter.

I’ve been looking for integrated power delivery cables but I’m having a really hard time finding one that’s 12 Volts. I know I can’t just take a 12V adapter, cut the plug, and replace it with a USB C Female bc the voltage would be too low. Can I take a usb c male to dc and cut the male end off and replace it with a usb c female or does that not work?

Does anyone know where I can find the integrated cable? I’d rather not solder since I have no experience with soldering nor do I have a soldering iron

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back