Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Can anyone give me a 12MHz crystal simulation model?

Status
Not open for further replies.

holddreams

Full Member level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I want to design a 12MHz crsytal circuit,
and I need the simulation model(R,L,C,C0),
can someone give me ?

Thanks.

Here's data for a 11MHz crystal that should give you starting figures to work with

LS = 0.02
CS = 1E-14
RS = 45
CO = 4E-12

Remember crystal circuits may take very long to start up in simulations due to the high loaded Q

holddreams

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
E-design said:
Here's data for a 11MHz crystal that should give you starting figures to work with

LS = 0.02
CS = 1E-14
RS = 45
CO = 4E-12

Remember crystal circuits may take very long to start up in simulations due to the high loaded Q

Thanks.
Can you tell me where you get this model?
And how can I figure it out for 12MHz?

This data comes from a model in Multisim. Look at this post for information I posted on crystal models

holddreams

E-design said:
This data comes from a model in Multisim. Look at this post for information I posted on crystal models

I have the same question of the previous author.
Is the model I used be accurate as on the market crsytal?
And only using those equations to get the parameter R,L,C,C0?

THX.

It depends what you mean by accurate. Most crystals needs to be trimmed individually in a circuit by external components (phase lead or phase lag to get the frequency within a few Hz of the desired frequency), even if you use crystals from the same batch. Without trimming you can expect ± 2kHz error at 11MHz. Also long term accuracy and drift will depend on type of cut, temperature and crystal dissipation from amount of drive current through RS.

holddreams

Status
Not open for further replies.