Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

calibre LVS guide needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimito13

Advanced Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi everyone,

Can somebody provide me a guide how to setup LVS in cadence virtuoso with all necessary parameters?Time is critical and i cannot waste it for searching myself.

I would appreciate any help.

do you have calibre interactive setup already or not (is there a calibre menu in virtuoso)?

Hi,

After selecting the appropriate LVS rule set

Then in the inputs tab make sure that the Hierarchical and Layout vs Netlist options are marked, in the layout tab activate the Export from Layout viewer option.

In the netlist tab make sure that the Export from schematic viewer is enabled and do nothing further.

Then the final step is to press the Run LVS button and wait for the results

I hope I helped

Regards

Nik

oermens,

I believe that calibre is installed...And i say "i believe",because it was set up by another person in our lab that i cannot contact anymore and find out what is going on...I will tell you what i see and you will judge if it is properly installed or not.Well in my .cshrc file i have the above lines

setenv MGC_HOME /cad/mentor/calibre/ixl_cal_2007.2_34.24
set path = ($MGC_HOME/bin $path)
setenv LM_CALIBRE_LICENSE_FILE ...

There is a calibre menu in virtuoso,i show it to you at the attached screenshot below,but i do not know how to set it up (give the compare cdl rules file,the switches etc.).Additionaly i can't find the menu that a1s7trea suggested.

I would appreciate if you could guide me with some detailed steps to setup the LVS run.Thank you in advance.

Regards,

Jimito13

Anybody that can provide the information i am asking above??

Thanks in advance...

Hello erikl,

Thanks for the document but i want a guide with the basic/general settings that must be done to the calibre interface from within cadence virtuoso environment for a successful LVS run to be conducted.Please provide me the appropriate document (you or somebody else) in case you possess it.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Jimito13

... i want a guide with the basic/general settings that must be done to the calibre interface from within cadence virtuoso environment for a successful LVS run to be conducted.
If you have the calibre interactive setup (within Mentor or C@dence, doesn't matter), all you need is available in the PDF above. See Module 4 ff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back