Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Calibre LVS"Database cannot be opened", Warning: XDB Database not available: No comparison was made"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Atkin

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I was trying to solve an LVS error when suddenly I started getting this warning coming up whenever I run LVS.
It doesn't seem to come up when I run LVS with other layouts; however, I can't seem to get rid of it.

When RVE opens a warning pops up.
The warning says: Database cannot be opened
XDB Database not available. No comparison was made.

I'm not sure what the XDB Database is so I'm not even sure where to look as to how to solve it, and I haven't been able to find it through google. Any help at all would be appreciated in order to solve this issue.

1611970505035.png

--- Updated ---

Still would like to know what the XDB database is and why this fixed it. But I must have adjusted my output from LVS by accident
1611973015091.png

These output settings give me good results (although I'm still struggling with my second problem I'll post a new thread to seperate them out)

Last edited:

These gave me good results for a day then suddenly gave me the error again. Anyones recommendation on fixing this would be appreciated.

From the SVRF manual, the XDB database is the binary cross-reference data between layout and schematic. It gets used by xRC, so probably triggered by the "Generate data for Calibre-xRC" box.

Why it is not available... Well, the message does say "No comparison was made." XDB is generated during comparison; so no comparing, no database. Are you just doing netlist extraction (under Inputs)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back