Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

calibre error another cell record encountered for cell

Status
Not open for further replies.

whlinfei

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
calibre LVS errors

Hi All,

LVS gave the following error messages.
Clearly it can identify the resistors both in schematic and in layout.
But somehow it refuses to match these two to be the same.

Can anyone help me on that?

thanks.
Whlinfei

INCORRECT INSTANCES

DISC# LAYOUT NAME SOURCE NAME
**************************************************************************************************************

1 R0(7.930,-15.110) R(OPRRPRES) ** missing instance **

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2 ** missing instance ** ROPrrp0 R(OPRRPRES)

**************************************************************************************************************
INFORMATION AND WARNINGS

Matched Matched Unmatched Unmatched Component
Layout Source Layout Source Type
------- ------- --------- --------- ---------
Ports: 3 3 0 0

Nets: 3 3 0 0

Instances: 0 0 0 1 R(OPRRPRES)
0 0 1 0 R(OPRRPRES)
------- ------- --------- ---------
Total Inst: 0 0 1 1

Re: calibre LVS errors

I doubt if it is because of the difference in value of the two resistors.

Sometimes if the resistors are folded and the individual fingers are not connected properly then it can give a mismatch.Since the parallel and series connection of resistor will give rise to different value of resistors.

Kapil

kapilsn said:
I doubt if it is because of the difference in value of the two resistors.

Sometimes if the resistors are folded and the individual fingers are not connected properly then it can give a mismatch.Since the parallel and series connection of resistor will give rise to different value of resistors.

Kapil

Hi Kapil

I modified the resistor so that it has the same resistance as in the schematic.
Also I make it only one resistor bar, no other connection. It is simply a resistor.

But Calibre cannot match them.
Hope you can help me out on this. thanks in advance

you must be getting net mismatch error for those resistors .. check them... iif not...... so model issue.. consult your CAD person..

Deepak.

hi deepak and whlinfei,
do you have suggestion how solve this problem (to make it pass LVS)?

calibre LVS errors

you're using an ibm kit? make sure you created cdl netlist for lvs from the schematic, and in calibre lvs make sure the input netlist is cellname.netlist.lvs and that it is not extracted from the schematic by calibre lvs.

looks like u r missing some CAD identification layer in resistor causing it fail to be recognized properly. You can look at the lvs.rule to see the layer needed to draw that particular resistor

hi i found the solution for this problem.
the case is that the netlist extracted from the schematic needs further process.
to do this, after you open and set up the calibre lvs,
on the menu bar, select: Setup->Preferences->Triggers
on the first box paste a link some thing like:
... blabla/cmrf8sf/V1.6.2.5DM/utils/cdl_processor.pl %s

calibre LVS errors

the ibm_pdk menu already has the cdl netlister and preprocessor under Misc, use those options to create the schematic netlist for lvs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back