Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Calculating Avg Circuit Fan-in

abhishektyagi

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi Everyone,
I have access to the RTL of an IP and can generate a netlist too by doing the synthesis.

I am interested in calculating the average fan-in to a flop in the design. Is there a tool in the ASIC pipeline that can do that?

Any input would be appreciated.

How do you define fan in, immediate connections coming into a flop input pin? Or sequential start points driving a flop d pin?

I'm thinking if there's over counting in getting
All flops, then their D pin nets, then getting drivers of those nets.

Either ways, you could uniquely count this list or as is..then as a last step divide by total flops to get the average?

How do you define fan in, immediate connections coming into a flop input pin? Or sequential start points driving a flop d pin?

I'm thinking if there's over counting in getting
All flops, then their D pin nets, then getting drivers of those nets.

Either ways, you could uniquely count this list or as is..then as a last step divide by total flops to get the average?
Perhaps it's better to use all fanin with -level or startpoints switch.

load the netlist into innovus, use the dbget interface to traverse the list of flip-flops and get their fanins/fanouts

something similar should be possible in Genus as well

LaTeX Commands Quick-Menu:

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back