Not open for further replies.

monster munch

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi All,
I am new to this forum site, so sorry if this has been posted before, but I can't find any information.
I am also new to Cadstar, but not Zuken E3. I want to import my company standard sheet border in DXF format into Cadstar so I can do my designs and layouts to company standards.
In E3 it's easy-peasy, both Zuken products, but Cadstar is completely different when it comes to importing a sheet border.
Any help gratefully recieved.

Kind regards
Monster munch

Importing your sheet borders is easy.

There are instructions on how to do this and lots more good stuff for your sheet borders here have a good read.

Any problems ask - if needs be I can do it for you but would prefer that you learn how to do it. (it only takes a few minutes - honest).

V

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Hi Mattylad,
unfortunately my IT Dept. has blocked the website that you provided.
Could you tell me the tabs I have to click to at least start to import the border?
I have tried loads, just can't see it!
Kind regards
JJ

I have copied it here for you.

Hi thanks for the info, I am even more confused now.
I managed to save the border as a document symbol.
I have even managed to place this into the design, but I have a few questions:
How do you add text to the symbol? for example adding your name in the design box. I know that you can float some text in there, but this to me is not very good.
Also how do I know what size this border actually is? What scaling is applied?
I ask this, because in Zuken E3, you can right click the sheet and add attributes, these are placed in the pre-assigned positions on the sheet, easy. Also the dxf import can be scaled to be any size A0, A1 etc. Again easy. I can't see how this is done in Cadstar.
Regards
Monster Munch

It is common practice to set up a template file with border and text already added, for each required sheet size. You add the border, then add any extra or editable text you want, then when you create a schematic you load the required template and away you go.

Go to the link I gave and read it all.

It tells you all about it.

Reactions: marce

marce

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…